Day28 - SCRIPT-8 Performance PR
Created a pull request to SCRIPT-8 to speed up draw calls
I spent all of today working on porting my engine changes back upstream to the official SCRIPT-8 engine. Most of the changes were the ones I did yesterday, but I added ports for the map functions, polyStroke, and tile functions.
After some discussion with Gabriel, we decided to postpone fixing the Actor UI in the new PR because it does some complicated canvas magic to get things working.
I opened the PR with the changes here and with this description:
I am hopeful that tomorrow I can work with Gabriel to fix the remaining issues and get it checked in.
I don't have much to talk about other than I spent a long time debugging and fiddling with minor inconsistencies in the cassettes between the new graphics api and the old one. This was incredibly time consuming, but in the end rewarding to see code I didn't write working with such a crucial component that I had written from scratch. I am excited to see what new things are enabled by such a faster draw api!